In the light of the recent announcement by the Angling Trust, I am pleased to advise all members that with immediate effect competitions will be commencing on our waters in line with the 2020 – 21 match schedule. The first scheduled competition being held will be on Wednesday 3rd June at Little Rowfant lakes.
For all those intending to participate in competitions held on C&DAS waters, your Committee wish to bring to your attention the guidance by which competitions will be operated as detailed on the Angling Trust web-site. Specifically, and noting how C&DAS competitions are hosted under our normal rules, and after liaising with Alan Eggleton, Competition Secretary, as to where we need to adapt our approach, but still operating within the guidelines, I want to use this opportunity to highlight the following;
- Recognising C&DAS do not require competitors to pre-book attendance, we will not be introducing this for the first match on Wednesday 3rd June. However, if the numbers of attendees exceeds expectations we reserve the right to implement a pre-booking system for future matches & whilst restrictions remain in place.
- Social distancing to be practiced at all times by competitors, this includes in the car park prior to & after matches, with additionally no walking around during matches.
- Pools can be paid for in cash, with this collected in by the Competition Secretary who will pay-out to the winners at the end of the match with the least amount of direct contact with the money.
- The draw will be conducted by the Competition Secretary on the basis of all matches being pegged down in allocated swims. No walk-off matches to be held during the time restrictions remain in place.
- All competitions will be one rod only until further notice.
- Weigh-ins to be conducted by the Competition Secretary & a nominated person only to accompany him around the water at the end of the match to assist, but primarily in recording the weights on the weigh sheet.
- We are currently endeavouring to purchase a plastic weigh bucket to use instead of the current net sling as this will be easier & assist in facilitating social distancing during the weigh-in.
- Hand sanitiser is strongly recommended to be brought by all competitors & used in all appropriate situations.
The full co-operation of all competitors will be required to ensure that we are able to continue to host competitions in a safe & fully compliant manner. On the day of a competition the Competition Secretary (or his deputy in his absence) has full discretion when running all matches – this taking into account not only the Angling Trust guidelines prevailing, but also implementing the Society’s general rules & regulations.
Competitions – Update re COVID-19 Procedures
Further to my recent news item / note in relation to competitions, we wish to formalise the booking-in procedure to make it easier on the day of future competitions to comply with the prevailing COVID-19 guidelines. With immediate effect the following will apply for those wishing to attend C&DAS competitions other than Night Competitions where current arrangements remain in place;
- All members wishing to participate in competitions will need to book-in by contacting Alan Eggleton, Competition Secretary by latest 9:00 p.m. on the Friday evening before a Sunday competition, or the Monday evening before a Wednesday competition.
- Members can contact Alan either by telephone on 01737 764731 or telephone / text on 07704 039447.
- The draw for pegs will be undertaken as members arrive in the car park so as to reduce time spent waiting for the draw / members congregating together to preserve social distancing requirements.
- All matches for the time being will remain peg down and one rod only.